- The Publications Committee: promotes and supports the IEEE Smart Grid newsletter by providing articles, special issues and content, brings disciplne to the understanding of smart grid domains and areas, supports Smart Grid related articles in existing publications and explores special issues in other publications.
- The R&D Committee: engages in identifying emerging pivotal R&D areas in the Smart Grid related domain and engages the broader IEEE societies in all pertinent areas for collaboration, supports and collaborates with public/private enterprises to assess priority areas and disseminate Smart Grid and sustainable energy research and implementation strategies.
- The Organizing Committee of the first IEEE International Forum on Smart Grids for Smart Cities (SG4SC) 2016 was responsible (among other things) to organize the panel and plenary talk sessions and arrange for the invited speakers, respectively.
The IEEE Smart Grid is the professional community and leading provider of globally recognized Smart Grid information. The IEEE Smart Grid Initiative is intended to organize, coordinate, leverage and build upon the strength of various entities within IEEE with Smart Grid expertise and interest. Its goals are:
- Serve as a Credible and Authoritative Voice for the Smart Grid and
- Increase Value through collaborative partnerships with IEEE organizational units, their members and the public at large through tools that effectively meet, anticipate and exceed their needs.